we have these newish neighbors that I’ve never really met before… but I had just come home from going out to lunch with one of my old friends and she was standing outside. so I waved and tried to be friendly but she looked kinda down. and she walked over with her head down low and asked if she could talk to me for a second. and at first I thought she was going to complain about how my dog is always barking. but she looked up with tears in her eyes and proceeded to tell me that she had lost her job, and that she had no food to feed her two kids. they had eaten barely anything in days. one was 4, and the other 10. so I gave her basically everything in my house. chicken, eggs, mac and cheese, milk, bread, ham, turkey, etc. it really broke my heart though :/ I told her that if she needed to look for a job and didn’t have anyone to take care of the kids, I would do it. she just seemed so defeated… just goes to show that no matter how bad you think you have it, someone has it worse.
I wish I knew of something to do like to collect food and clothes for the kids or something…
- sidwilson00 likes this
- thirtypoundslater likes this
- fit-or-failure said: you’re an amazing person <3 she’s so lucky to have a neighbor like you
- journey-tohappy said: If you are friendly with your other neighbors, you could always ask them to collect some extra food/money/clothes and help them out! That is so sad :(
- via-v0gue likes this
- iwanttobeabubble likes this
- 15seas said: Oh my god, that’s terrible. I wish I could help.
- 15seas likes this
- makeme-fit posted this